Road Trip Manitoba (RTM) started in the winter of 2022 and quickly grew to become an integral resource for all things travel in “the heart of Canada”. RTM not only focuses on road trips throughout the province, but also offers extensive guides on things to do, where to eat, and what to see at the many stops in between.
The site was founded by local Brenna Holeman, an acclaimed explorer and writer who, after leaving to live abroad and travel to over 100 countries, returned to live in Winnipeg. Along the way, she established herself at This Battered Suitcase, one of the most well-respected travel blogs in the industry. But nearly 15 years away from Manitoba made her miss the province; upon moving home, she quickly realized there was a lack of information online about Manitoba and the things to do within it. She now takes great joy in exploring the province with her baby boy and her dog and loves shining a light on just how wonderful this prairie province truly is.
RTM is open to working with Manitoba-based tourism businesses (accommodations, restaurants, event organizers, tour operators, DMOs, and more) to feature and promote the best of this beautiful province we call home.
Who reads RTM?
Since its inception, RTM has had over 150,000 unique visitors to the website (current as of March 2023).
Of those readers:
- 90% are Canadian and 6% are American.
- 58% of the Canadians are from Manitoba, 15% are from Ontario, and 12% are from Saskatchewan.
- The average time on page is nearly 5 minutes.
- 91% found RTM via Google, 3% via social media, and 5% came directly to the site. RTM ranks for over 1,000 keywords with Google and is #1 or #2 for almost 50 keywords.
- Nearly 400 people are subscribed to RTM’s monthly newsletter.
Social Media Stats (as of March 2023)
RTM’s focus has primarily been creating SEO blog content that will rank highly on Google. However, we also enjoy conversations with readers on social media and we post regularly on both Facebook and Instagram.
- 400+ Facebook followers.
- 600+ Instagram followers.
How Can We Work Together?
If you are struggling to get to the front page of Google with your marketing messages, we can get you there on RTM. We have several options for working together, but if you have an idea that goes beyond any of the below, please feel free to get in touch!
- Secure a mention of your business in a current, relevant blog post: $150/mention/year
- ***MOST POPULAR*** Publishing of a new blog post solely dedicated to your business or campaign: $750. The article (and links) are permanently on the website, and this option includes promotion on our social media channels.
RTM Social Media Channels
- Posts dedicated to your business and campaign on both Facebook and Instagram: $150, with $30 of that going to targeted ads. Photos and captions are to be provided by you but must meet RTM standards and approval.
Note that the newsletter runs monthly and space for the below opportunities is limited.
- A mention of your business or campaign in one newsletter: $75.
- Placement of a full-width banner within (basically, a newsletter “sponsor”): $150 per issue. Multiple issue discounts are available.
- There is the possibility to work with Brenna on both RTM and her personal blog, This Battered Suitcase. Coverage on both sites and social media channels is open to negotiation.
- We sometimes run contests and are looking for prizes. For the cost of your prize and a $75 administration fee, you will receive promotion on the RTA blog in an upcoming contest (non-permanent), social channels, and in the newsletter. Contact us for case studies from previous contests.
- Want a member of the RTM team to visit your business/destination for “live” coverage? Or do you also need professional assets (photos and video) for your organization? Talk to us about details so that we can prepare a quote.